Friday, September 11, 2015

Starting Christmas Gift Shopping in September!

I have a confession to make. Although in my ebook I advocate starting to shop for Christmas presents as early in the year as possible (perhaps even in January), I don't usually start buying Christmas gifts until October.

This year, it's different! I saw a book that I know my daughter would love and bought it today! So, I've turned over a new leaf and started my Christmas gift shopping in September!

As an added bonus, the book was reduced from £7.99 to £4, so I saved £3.99. That definitely wouldn't be possible nearer Christmas when all the prices are high. There are quite a few sales on at the moment, so it's a good time to look around and buy more Christmas presents.

If I bought one or two more presents a week starting today, I could finish my Christmas gift shopping by November! Then, I'd have more time for baking and other Christmas preparations.

How about you? When do you start shopping for Christmas gifts? Do you spread the cost over several months? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roz!
    I actually start looking for presents as early as August, when the summer sales are on! I really dislike Christmas shopping crowds so I get mine done early :)
    have a great weekend, best
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duni, It's nice to hear from you! Yes, avoiding the Christmas crowds is a great reason to start early...and it's even better if you can find bargains in the sales! Hope you had a great weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...