Re-Use Old Christmas Cards - Make Them Into Gift Tags
When do you begin preparing for Christmas? I usually do one or two small things in August. Some years I make a few Christmas cards. This year I spent a rainy August afternoon making a collection of gift tags from old Christmas cards. They were simple and enjoyable to make.
- Christmas cards that you received in previous years and would normally recycle
- A hole punch
- Ribbon, thread, wool, etc in a variety of colours
- Look at each card and cut out one or more images that would be suitable for a gift tag. You could, for example, choose an image of a Christmas tree; an inscription such as "Season's Greetings" or anything else that takes your fancy. Ensure the back of each image is blank, so that you'll be able to write a message.
- Once you have a stack of cut-out images, punch a hole in the top of each one using a hole punch.
- Choose ribbon, thread or wool in a colour that goes well with the gift tag image.
- Cut off a length of ribbon or thread. Fold it in half, forming a loop in the middle.
- Thread the loop through the hole in the top of the gift tag. Pull both ends of the ribbon or thread through the loop.
- Pull to secure the ribbon or thread to the gift tag.